Sunday, January 31, 2010

Class #18, 2010

Friday during 6 a.m. I think I pushed a little far for the state of my early-morning body and seemed to have kicked up my right-side sciatica a bit, so both yesterday and today at my 8 a.m. class, I had to take it easy. This is ok, but it doesn't seem to yield the same feeling after class in your body or mind. Taking it easy is less challenging - but it's also safer, and smarter. Still, it feels a little like...non-alcoholic wine. It's missing the buzz!

That said, my head this morning wasn't really in the game. I didn't really want to practice today, truth told, but this week is insane and I'll be hard-pressed to get enough practices in this week as it is, not practicing today would've have been something I regretted later this week when I simply cannot practice due to work requirements. I set up next to a regular student of mine which helped me stay accountable and by, oh, final stretching, I finally felt awake and engaged in my body. Better late than never, I guess. Taught the 10 a.m. after, good stuff, and am of course glad I did the 8 after all... :)

p.s. Feeling a little lame with 18 classes in 31 days... that's 58%. An "F" by most standards...but not a failure at all! I went more days than I didn't go. However, will aim a little higher in February.

No comments: