Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Class #8, 2010

I must say, I love to practice the day after a day off. And, also, once PMS is over. These two things together: Genius. Today I went to 4 p.m. at the last moment and had a really nice practice. Then, later, taught the 8 p.m.

Here's the thing: I cannot figure out how to take 6 and teach 8 back to back. If you eat lunch around 12, snack around 3 or 4, then it's 10 p.m. before I'm home and who wants to eat dinner then! Then I wake up at 4 a.m. starving. My solution is this notion of taking 4, eating dinner, and then going back to teach 8...and it actually worked!

Anyhow, my standing series felt so strong and energetic! Then I hit the floor and felt on fire, struggled a bit but by full locust my head was back in the game and I finished happily! All was well. And you know what...I really, really love the yoga. It's just good to remember that, and say it sometimes I think. So I did.

1 comment:

lynxofsilver (Leona) said...

Hey Jenn! Got here via the 101 blog. I teach in Victoria. I used to do what you just described. On weekends in particular when I would teach the 4&6, I would take the noon class, go eat and come back to teach. That worked way better than trying to take then teach right away. I become tongue tied and teach a crappy class, so I just don't do it any more.
The other thing you could try if you do find yourself in that position is having a smoothie after if it's late. At least you get something in there and are less like to wake up hungry.