Monday, January 18, 2010

Class #12, 2010

After the first set of bow pose at the end of the spine strengthening series, the instructor said, "Enjoy yourself." And my mind's immediate reply was "Yeah, right. Easy for you to say...it's hot and I'm tired and..." and then... "Wait. Stop. Are you able to enjoy yourself? Are you already enjoying yourself??" And indeed, I realized, I was.

It's so funny what we assume ought to be vs. what (often) actually is. Class was great. Packed. A total of 11 new people and the teacher was great in just keeping it going and letting them muddle through, which they all did and did well. And I enjoyed it, a lot.

After class, I went to do a little photo shoot for a friend's art project that involved a batch of camel, bow and standing separate leg stretching poses...in a cold, cold basement. And nothing makes you push and push and push like being photographed, with people around. So now my low back is afire - throbbing and achey - and I'm sure to pay tomorrow. That's ok though. It was fun and worth it!

No comments: