Monday, January 11, 2010

Class #7, 2010

The humidity here in Seattle is really strange right now. I mean, I've lived here for 16+ years, and done Bikram here for nearly 4 - and in the past two classes I've taken at my home studio (where I've practiced hundreds and hundreds of times without the fans being turned on once...) the fans have been on for almost the entire class. That class last Saturday, they seemed to barely help (though were appreciated). Today the instructor put them on after balancing stick, and other than savasana and wind-removing, had them on the entire class.

And I didn't mind a bit.

The thing is, when the heat is "right" you are not out of your gourd. You can listen, hear and implement the commands without thoughts of dealing with extreme heat/humidity taking up mind share. I realized today I was more focused, more about to stay with the teacher and do her every wish because the heat felt just right. I love the heat, obviously. But I do believe in the heat being right, and I'm a big fan of teachers who are engaged and aware and manage the heat properly, and I certainly aim to be one of them!

Glad I went, felt good and tomorrow I'm taking the day off! :)

No comments: