Saturday, January 16, 2010

Class #10, 2010

Saturday 5 p.m. - the time we go to yoga to earn our Saturday night out - dinner maybe, wine, etc. Or at least that's what I think it is for a lot of people. But generally, not me. For the past year, I've taught Sunday mornings. Further, Jill, my gal, owns a coffeeshop and typically opens on Sunday (re: Up at an inhumane 4 a.m.). So our Saturday nights are usually in, eating a one-pot simple meal, watching DVDs and relaxing. Still, the energy at 5 p.m. Saturday seems to say to me, "I'm working hard to go out and play hard after this!!" and I love it!

My pal Suzanne taught a kicker! Her energy was up and pace relentless, and it was awesome. I was right next to her and took all the yummy yoga energy she was pouring out, and was further surrounded by a *ton* of regular practitioners. It was such a strong class for me, and I'm always grateful for a strong class. Always.

This morning, however, I woke up and missed the 8 a.m., then thought I'd maybe go to 10...but I just didn't want to. It was so great to just decide then to go to 5 p.m. It freed me to enjoy my day, and just know today I was running on credit vs. debit. That is, when I practice in the morning, I feel like I'm on debit - I put money in my account and now I can comfortably go out and enjoy my day knowing I'm covered. When I practice later in the day, however, I struggle a bit because I feel more like I'm on credit - I'm spending myself all day and not putting money in the bank until the end of the day. On work days this is ok, but somehow on the weekends, it causes me a little strife. Another thing I can work on, I suppose :)

No comments: