Friday, February 5, 2010

Class #21, 2010

This week was insane for work, and though I ascribe, in general, to "no excuses" in regard to going to class, I also believe in balance and know that in a particular week or even month sometimes, the world will not cave in if I don't get to class as much as would be idea. I mean, as we're often reminded in class - it's yoga, people. Super important, but so are other things.

With that, Friday I had no intention of going to class when Christi, a pal and student, called at 3:44 to say no one had showed up to teach 4 p.m. Living about 4 minutes away, I threw on clothes and dashed down there, calling the teacher who was on the schedule en route. She was able to make it on time, but I did the sign-in and then was going to take off when she said, "You should stay. You're here. Take class!"

So I did and it was great, of course. I was worried I'd be late to my work function and up through Eagle, I was thinking "I shouldn't have stayed, I shouldn't have stayed..." but then came to: Well, you did. So shut up and practice. I was reminded of how freeing it is to practice when you don't plan to; and how much pressure I tend to put on the preparation for class throughout the day. Determination: This is lame. Perhaps I should always go to class as if I didn't really plan to! Keep it light, right? :)

No comments: