Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Detox & Yoga: Day 10

Yay! 1/3 of the detox down! Day 10 completed. It's bizarre how much less I need to eat to feel satiated, and more surprising is how good I feel after eating, say, 1/2 an avocado and a couple cups of green vegetables. My energy is really good too, and again, it's unexpected on around 1000 calories a day primarily comprised of raw vegetables with a little cheese or fish tossed in.

Every once in a while though, I think about some food that is...well, normal. Like a bowl of Tom Kha soup at the Thai joint at the bottom of the hill. Or an enchilada. Chips & salsa, a food group for me! Or, even, just going out to breakfast is off the table since there is well, no breakfast. :(

Yoga Day 10: Somehow, I slogged myself to 9:30 a.m. before teaching a noon, 4:30 & 8 p.m. class. I didn't want to go but had that feeling - that feeling that I'd be better off and set up for a much better outcome to my day than if I didn't go. So I went, had a *great* focused practice and don't have to catch up on another day.

Detox Day 10: BORING food day....all leftover and repeats:

Breakfast: Green Lemonade

Lunch: 1/2 Avocado, simple spinach salad with random raw veggies and lemon juice. Plus 1/2 c. of thai sweet potato mash.

Dinner: Raw carrots and spinach to start. Spaghetti squash, marinara sauce and raw cheddar cheese. I didn't eat very much of it though...

Snack: 1.5 oz. raw goat cheese wrapped in lettuce with pickles and mustard.

A few little squares of dark chocolate.
Lots of water.

Calories: 1100
Weight: Up a little today - woke up with my monthly shift whereby my body puffs up a size. So, weight is at a total loss of 10.4. Not expecting much movement on this in the next couple of days.

No comments: