Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crossfit #2, 2010

Today again I was the only one who showed at 7 a.m. so I got another personal training session with Paul. We started with the warm up, and then the skill set was all lunges and squats...and once my lower body was trashed, we moved on the the WOD.

Today's WOD:
400 m Run
10 box jumps
10 burpees

  • I didn't walk at all in the run!
  • My box jumps were on two stacked up weights, because I'm still in fear of the actual (2' high) box, but I did'em
  • I did the burpees WAY better than I thought I could.
  • I didn't take ANY breaks!
22:57 to finish, and I was in and out in 1 hour all together.

Again, I liked it - in fact, I'm somewhat in awe of how much my mind and body are enjoying a different exercise environment, movements, and vibe. There's music on. You can talk. You get to go outside.

Don't get me wrong: Bikram is my first love. But xfit is a nice complement!

No comments: