Sunday, June 28, 2009

Detox & Yoga Day 7:




Phew! First week is done. AMEN. Here are my bulleted thoughts on it so far:
  • Doing this outside of summer - with lots of fresh berries and veggies at the farmer's market, not to mention raw corn on the cob and avocados - would be dreadful.
  • It's not cheap - we spend a lot of money on produce. Could we worse - eating out likely was costing us just as much - but when a run to the farmer's market is $50, every couple days it seems...but again, feeding two of us healthfully is worth it.
  • It's a time commitment - no matter how much her book says how "easy!" it is... what is true is that indeed, no one part is rocket science; it's the whole thing together that feels complicated at times. Always having green juice for breakfast, thinking about combining proper foods for lunch/snacks/dinner - but once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad at all.
  • I've gotten to where things 2 weeks ago I'd have eschewed - cauliflower puree, goat milk ice cream - I now find plum delightful! It's changes your thinking and makes you appreciate things.
  • Indeed, we need a lot less food to get through the day than we think we do. Period.
  • In the first 7 days, I officially dropped 10.2 pounds - again though, I think it's more honestly around 5 pounds (ish).
  • Overall, it's doable, a great reset and though I expect I'll eat somewhat normally after, it's a good baseline to aim for in that 80/20 kinda way.
  • I'm trying things I'd never have been into before - like goat's milk ice cream. Read all about it here!
Yoga Day 7: Oh, yum. Today was just a deliciously perfect practice in West Seattle with Frances, perhaps partially since I'd taught the 7 & 9 a.m., so 3 hours of warming up the body time before hitting my mat. All good! Yay!

Detox Day 7: Good day, it was a long time to 1 p.m. for lunch after getting up at 5:45 and being in a hot room for 4.5 hours...but I did it on my green lemonade and a handful of cherries. Tonight I promised Jill we'd have red meat to celebrate 1 week, which is allowed. We also had dessert - goat milk ice cream which was delish!

What I ate:

Breakfast:
Green Lemonade
Rainier Cherries, 1 c.

Lunch:
Butter lettuce, Onion, Tomatoes and Raw Peas
Raw sheep cheese (1.5 oz)
2 farm eggs with asparagus, mushrooms & 1 oz. raw goat cheese

Dinner:
Butter lettuce, raw corn, raw peas, cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper, lemon
3 oz. Grass fed local beef (from the farmer's market)
1/2 c. cauliflower puree
1/2 c. green beans
4 oz. red wine

Dessert:
1/3 c. goat milk ice cream
1/3 c. strawberries

Throughout the day:
.75 oz. dark chocolate

Big day - 1300 calories
Weight: Minus 10.4 pounds

No comments: