Sunday, June 21, 2009

And she's back...

Where have I been? Busy. But who isn't?

I think I've been off trying to negotiate and figure out what's next for me in life. Meanwhile, though, I've been teaching lots of Bikram yoga - class #300 last Thursday in fact! Practicing has been spotty since early May when I hurt my right hip and developed sciatica - a condition that I would argue falls outside of Bikram's "you're never too old too sick...etc. to do the yoga." When you can't stand up, well, you can't do this yoga. I rested, it helped, and it's better now.

So here's what's up: I'm resetting! Starting today I'm doing Natalia Rose's Detox for Women. A 30-day detox diet that is reasonably do-able with the aid of a few niceties. And you get to actually EAT, which is the only way I'd do something like this. Here's a link to it:

http://www.detoxtheworld.com/books-detox-4-women.php

So, I plan to blog about it daily as part of my commitment to myself. I'm doing a 30-day yoga challenge too, so I'll report in on that as well!

3 comments:

bikramyogachick said...

Yay! Jenn is back! I'll be very interested to hear the details about your detox and may try it myself if it's workin' for ya!

Me said...

Oh thanks for pointing out this detox! I hadn't even heard of it before... But it sounds like a less strenuous one to do.

thedancingj said...

Oh cool, you're back! Fabulous. Sorry about the sciatica, that is no fun! But it's always nice to get an excuse to hit the reset button. (Silver lining, right?) 300 classes?! Damn... didn't you just graduate, like, last week? I remember coming home and reading your TT blog in my kitchen at 1am every night after work. But I guess I was living in a different state AND working at a different job then. Time is crazy...