Monday, June 22, 2009

Detox & Yoga: Day 1

Yoga Today:

Nooner at The Sweatbox Capitol Hill with Meghan. Perfect class for me today - good but workable heat, nice peeps and though I had to pay, decent parking. Overall pretty good practice, though I think I fell asleep at the savasana (I had just taught a 6 a.m. & 9:30 a.m. class...) Still battling the remnants of the sciatica through a totally crap Triangle pose, but otherwise feeling pretty good!

Detox Today:

First day - seems like something that will be so easy once I get the hang of it; but right now it seems exceedingly complex though it's not. The goal of this detox is to starve the yeast and poor bacteria in the body, as a reminder :) In a week this will be a breeze! Here's what I ate today (recipes for my own re-use, but feel free...):

Breakfast:
"Green Lemonade" (You'll see this daily: A head of romaine, 5-8 Kale leaves, a lemon (skin on) and a hunk of ginger through the juicer.

Lunch:
1 Sweet Potato w/ a pat of organic butter, salt & pepper
1 Guacamole Salad
  • Head of red leaf lettuce out of our garden, chopped
  • 1/2 Avocado
  • 1/3 c. raw corn off the cob
  • 2 big mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 tbsp onion
  • Stevia drops (sweet), lime juice, hot sauce, salt & pepper to taste
I whipped up the avocado and corn in the food processor and used it to coat the lettuce and other veggies. The options on this one abound - next time, no stevia and I'll what I think without it. It was a creamy, veggie-packed salad that didn't feel like I was eating a whole head of lettuce!

Snack:
"Pumpkin Pie Juice!"
  • 32 oz Carrot Juice
  • 1/2 Avocado
  • 1 peeled/cubed raw sweet potato
  • 1/2 tsp each cinnamon and cloves
  • pinch salt
Juice the carrots - 32 oz. Then in blender or food processor, blend raw sweet potato, avocado and 1/2 the carrot juice until smooth. Add spices and rest of carrot juice. Really tasty cold! (This is from Natalia Rose's book - but I omitted the Stevia and added salt).

Dinner:

Well, I kinda got timing all messed up and had another batch of the pumpkin pie juice and some carrot/beet salad, that...well, sucked. No, really, it needs work.

Snack:
1 small square of dark chocolate (legal!!!)

About 865 calories all together. Tomorrow will focus on more protein!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, this is the new one from natalia rose, cool! I like it...not sure how much of a "detox" it is considering the goat cheese..even if it is raw..(and it is sooo good btw...which makes it dangerous)...but i like it as a simple approach to healthy eating...good luck!

hannahjustbreathe said...

Happy to have you back in the blogosphere, Jenn!!

And wow...what a way to come back. That detox sounds pretty intense/incredible. I can't wait to read about your experience with it. I've always wanted to try a detox but never really had the gumption or patience. But, who knows, you just may serve as my final inspiration... :)