Saturday, June 27, 2009

Detox & Yoga: Day 6



Well, I think it's safe to say we're getting in a groove with this. It is hard to be perfect at it all the time, but the "cheats" are *so* insignificant in the realm of the detox (much less so in the realm of life...) but they are helping. Like today, Jill ate 2 eggs as a snack before going to workout. Technically, a "no-no" but they are on the diet and it was that or possibly not working out, for fear of being too light-headed. I had cherries after my juice this morning (the 'proper time' if you're going to have them...) and then strawberries on my way to teach a 4:30 class. It's allowed, but if I were perfect - no fruit at all. Turns out I'm not perfect (shock!) and that is ok!
Yoga Day 6: I taught a 7 a.m. class and was all warm and loose to take the 9 a.m. with Yu. Great class, reasonably good focus, the floor felt afire but it was what it was. My energy still at times feels low, but I'm eating very few calories throughout the day, and expending a lot at once in a Bikram class. I'm good with that - if my body would kindly access the excess on my hips and thighs, I'd be much obliged.
Detox Day 6: It's funny, but I feel like I want less food. She said this would happen in the book - and so it seems to be happening. Today for lunch, we had a avocado/salad concoction (one of the best yet!) and I found that though I knew in my head a sweet potato was permitted to round it out, I had no desire for it. Weird! I will admit to missing my iced soy latte on the way to teach my 4:30 class...but I had a few berries and lots of water instead. Alas. Elimination is back "on plan" today - and so that part is feeling better. Jill it seems prefers spinach to salad greens, so we're on spinach now, which is my personal favorite- so I'm in! Got more groceries today, because you never want to be without avocados or raw goat cheese (we also got some raw sheep cheese, 2nd string but permitted - and I love this one! It has rosemary dried into the rind...good eatin' cheese!). For dinner - very exciting - we splurged with a "legal" grain (recommended rarely, but is ok after the detox) of buckwheat noodles - which cost $6.50 for 8 oz. - so we damned well better enjoy them. Jill prepped the veggies, we got the raw soy sauce (Nomu Shoya), and made a stir fry paste of ginger, garlic, lemongrass, jalepeno, stevia and lime juice.
Here's what I ate:
Breakfast:
Water
Green Lemonade (frozen the night before due to 7 a.m. teaching)
Snack: about 1 cup rainier cherries
Lunch:
Spicy Avocado Dressing with Spinach, topped with raw corn, tomatoes, and avocado
Snack: about 1/2 cup strawberries
Dinner:
Spinach Salad with heirloom tomato, 1/4 avocado, lemon juice, salt/stevia.
1/2 c. buckwheat noodles & 'stir fry' veggies, with a touch of coconut water, raw soy sauce, and a mixture of garlic, ginger, lemongrass, jalepeno for flavoring. Yum! I couldn't even finish it, believe it or not!

A few squares of my new favorite organic chocolate (more on that later!)
2-3 sips of yesterday's wine :)

Cheats: 1/2 green apple in my lemonade
Calories: 900
Weight: steady at a loss so far of 8.8 pounds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meal presentations are beautiful!!